Permitted and prohibited uses
Individuals using the Playwrights’ Center’s membership site are subject to Terms & Conditions of Use of the Center’s site. This summary is intended to help you understand quickly permitted uses of the Center’s site.
- Noncommercial educational and scholarly uses
- K-12 community users
- Restricted access
- Content in electronic format must be on access restricted sites
- Examples of permitted uses
- Examples of prohibited uses
Noncommercial educational and scholarly uses
You may only access and use the Center’s site and any content in the membership area for educational and scholarly uses that are noncommercial in nature. Commercial uses are strictly prohibited.
K-12 community users
If you are under the age of 13 and you are asked for your email address to register on the Center’s site, you must first get approval from your legal guardian. In compliance with the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act, your legal guardian will provide you with an email address to register on the Center’s Site that does not contain your first and last name or any other personal information. If the Playwrights’ Center learns that you have provided an email address containing personal information, we may immediately disable your registered account.
The Center’s site is a licensed resource that is only made available to individuals at registered educational institutions and individual members.
You may not sublicense, or provide others with access to, the membership database itself (such as by sharing your password).
Content in electronic format must be on access restricted sites — no posting to unrestricted websites on the World Wide Web.
You may not post images from the Center’s site on unrestricted websites. If you make content from the Centers’ site available electronically, it must be on an access-restricted site, so that only persons authorized to access the Center’s site may access that content.
Examples of permitted uses
- Classroom instruction and related activities (such as handouts, presentations, research, and student assignments)
- Display or performance as part of a noncommercial scholarly or educational presentation (such as in seminars, classes, lectures, conferences, exhibits, workshops, or similar noncommercial educational and scholarly activities)
- Student or faculty portfolios, term papers, theses, and dissertations, provided that you follow the access restrictions stated on the previous page
- Restricted course websites for review and study purposes, provided that these sites are not publicly accessible on the web
Examples of prohibited uses
- Any commercial use and any use that is not educational or scholarly (such as advertisements or commercial materials, or making content available to someone else for commercial uses)
- Posting content on an unrestricted website or in a publication made available on the web without access restrictions (such as posting a Playwrights’ Center image on a personal website that is not access-restricted, or posting an article or other materials containing Playwrights’ Center content on a website that is not access-restricted)
- Reproducing content in the Center’s site in a publication. Downloading images from the Center’s site for use in publications is prohibited unless expressly permitted by the content provider.